2009年11月13日 星期五

Christmas Gift


We go to different friend's houses every year to share the Christmas joy. The climax is usually exchanging Christmas gifts. I think that it's a waste of resources because we usually buy things that are useless for others and it's is certainly not environmental friendly. I have thrown away gifts from my friends for two consecutive years because I do not like my home to have useless stuff which occupy space. Last year, I suggested to ban exchanging Christmas gifts but everybody rejected me.

I need to consider what gift to purchase again as this year Christmas is coming. This article catches my attention: Why We Shouldn't Give Christmas Gifts.

What's your objection to Christmas and holiday spending? My objection is that the holiday spending doesn't result in very much satisfaction. Normally if I spend $50 on myself, I'll only buy something if it's worth at least $50 to me. But if you buy something for me, and you spend $50, since you don't know what I like, and you don't know what I have, you may buy something I wouldn't pay anything for. And so you could turn the real resources required to make things into something of no value to me. And that would destroy value.
Will my friends reconsider my suggestion?

11 則留言:

黑人 提到...

好簡單,買些食物或消耗品便可

可以買朱古力、日式和果子、高級巴馬火腿或芝士、中價紅白酒

頭兩種最易買最多人吃,後三種考功夫

Betty 提到...

朱古力我唔食得...

如果有男仔买朱古力OR吃的东西, 通常都会将嗰节目推向低潮, 因为D女仔会觉得很 "行" , 很闷....

Hana 提到...

咿,我係第三個喎! *.T

Betty 提到...

其实呢度应该会越来越少人来, 无晒D狂蜂浪蝶丫嘛....

vvip 提到...

哈哈 無人來 係咪好悶呀?
等我鬧下就大把人來 信唔信?

Hana 提到...

個重點係第三吖!嘿嘿...

Betty 提到...

E? 系哦...你对 T...M...有兴趣?

Kevin 提到...

I agree fine wine is a good idea, they can open the bottle at the party and finish it right away!

I did it last christmas.

Hana 提到...

我對你興趣大啲吖傻婆!

好明顯搞gag唔成啦!:(

Betty 提到...

哈哈...我都搞唔成 gag 添...

紫天蠍 提到...

I got a friend to exchange the gifts..but they did in this way.

They will write down what they want in a paper..and the paper will be distributed different people and they will buy for it.

So you will get what you want.

Of course, the budget was set.