2012年3月12日 星期一

Religions

I am an atheist. Bertrand Russell's "Why I am not a Christian" has provided persuasive arguments on the issue of Christianity God and I totally agree with him.

However, I wonder whether religion is generally good to human or not? Or is it a necessity to general public?

Richard Dawkins argues that religions do more harm than good to human. He claimed that "Religion is the greatest insult of human dignity. Without it, good people do good things while evil people do evil things. It's fair enough. However, the only drive of good people to do evil things is Religion."

I tends to agree with him on this point, but I wonder whether it really works in reality. Say, China is an example, she is a country without a widely accepted religion and Chinese seems to be much more morally corrupted than the Western countries.

Before we can be "free men" and develop "free intelligence", is religion a stepping stone of human evolution?

沒有留言: